Went 8-8 with the picks this week. A bit disappointing but it's cool. I'll rebound. Here's some more thoughts on the NFL.
LET'S FIRE SOME COACHES RIGHT NOW
Mike Shanahan - Can we at least stop him from making personnel decisions? He knows how to effectively run the football but he's nothing without one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time behind center. All Shanahan did this weekend was lose to the Dolphins...by a lot. Hey Mike, you mean Maurice Clarett and the Brown defensive line didn't help you win this game?
Mike Martz - First, you can't lose to the Niners in Week One. It's not allowed. Second, why won't you just run the ball? You are the most singluarly criticized coach in professional sports. Little children watch Rams games and say, "Daddy, why the fat coach no run the ball on 3rd and inches?" Get rid of this load.
Mike Tice - Name a head coach as bad as Tice.........besides Martz.
THE FIVE BEST TEAMS IN FOOTBALL
1. New England Patriots - they stay here until they lose.
2. Indianapolis Colts - don't go gaga over the defense until a non-Ravens offense is on the other side.
3. Atlanta Falcons - Vick aside, that was the most impressive defensive effort of Week One.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers - Bill Cowher's handling of Big Ben has been downright brilliant
5. Buffalo Bills - defense can be scary good.
THE RACE FOR MATT LEINART
The Tennessee Titans.
GAMES I CARE ABOUT THIS WEEKEND
1. Detroit at Chicago. We need this one, boys.
2. New England at Carolina. Carolina is looking at another bad start.
3. Buffalo at Tampa Bay. 10-9. Whichever way you want.
4. Kansas City at Oakland. Over/under is 458 points.
INJURIES I HATE
Kris Jenkins, Carolina
INJURIES I DON'T
Javon Walker, Green Bay
NEW SUPERBOWL PREDICTION
Indianapolis vs. Atlanta (I need Vick in a Super Bowl)
BEST PLAY OF THE WEEKEND
Lance Briggs' Holk Hogan-ing of Patrick Ramsey, spawning a new Josie Woods' chant: "We Killed Ramsey"
Wow, the Arizona Cardinals bandwagon is a bit lighter today, isn't it?
YOU COULDN'T PAY ME ENOUGH TO WATCH
Cleveland at Green Bay
CHANT I'M LEARNING
"We Killed Joey"
I'll see ya'll on Friday with this week's picks, as I attempt to improve on my .500 record.
You already broke rule #1: No discussion of Mike Martz on the blog.
Also, the other chant highlight of the weekend was "Blog that shit!"
September 13, 2005
Here at DaBearsBlog, you are free to kill us or the Bears as you so wish. You are not free, however, to be an asshole. So if you spew racism or ill-meaning foul language (cursing about football is just fine) or anything of that ilk, your comments ain't gonna last long, jerk.