Okay, so I don't feel so bad today and there's a reason for that...they are the Chicago Bears. That's right, the same old Chicago Bears. Those same Chicago Bears who've been doing this to their fans for eternity. Jay Mariotti referred to this as 2001 all over again and Jay Mariotti was absolutely right.
So here's my look at the things the things of Sunday...
1. NOT ARRIVING TO PLAY THE GAME
Every girl will tell you that it ain't worth it if you don't come.
2. CHARLES TILLMAN CAME
Man, his performance ranks up there with Al Pacino's in The Devil's Advocate as one of the most embarassing I've seen in a long time.
3. DON'T BLAME REX, PLEASE
If you were told on Sunday that'd the Bears would score 21, you'd have been sure they'd win the game.
4. ADJUSTMENTS, ANYONE?
How does this team not adjust to being destroyed by Steve Smith and I don't count using Chris Thompson one-on-one as an adjustment. Any hope of Ron Rivera being considered for a head coaching job should have been flushed right down the pipe.
5. BRAD MAYNARD PICKED A NICE GAME...
To have his worst as a Bear.
6. CHARLES TILLMAN PLAYED
He deserves two mentions. Wow, that was bad.
7. IT'S THE PLAYOFFS, CATCH THE BALL
Justin Gage, Muhsin Muhammad...jesus christ.
Oh, forget it. There's like a thousand things I could say. Let's talk about what this team needs.
1. A pass-catching tight end to open up the middle of the field.
2. Another cornerback to replace Charles Tillman.
3. Another receiver, preferably someone who catches the ball pretty good.
4. Two words: Terrell. Owens. Bring that badass in here to piss people off. Because I'd much rather be entertained than disappointed year in and year out.
#2 Max said . . .
(1) The Bears must get a REAL TIGHT END!! Someone in the class of Heap, Shockey, Gates etc. This will take so much pressure off of the QB, being able to have a decent option in the middle of the field.
(2) Tillman sucks. Yes he makes big plays thatw in games, but he gives up huge disasterous plays that kill the team. IN every loss this year there is a major Tillman blunder. Trade him and draft a CB.
(3) Sign Randle-EL- This guy is a great possesion receiver as well as a bona-fide punt returner who is from Chicago and wants to play here. With him, Berrian, Moose if he can learn to catch again and Gage the receivers don't look so bad. Bernard B looks like a keeper, plus we have Bradley coming back.
(4) Engineer a robotic calf for Mike Brown.
(5) Construct a injury deflecting bubble for Rex Grossman
If these 5 things are attended to Super-Bowl is in the future. Don't be sad, this season is a building block...
January 18, 2006
#3 John Robinson said . . .
couple good points but
Number 1) i like the drafting of a tight end, but if we do that, we have to insert plays that USE the tight end in more places than just the end zone. NONE of our passing plays that take place between the 20's include any pass to the tight end longer than 4 yards. Hell for that matter even in the red zone, no pass goes to the tight end longer than 4 yards. I thought Clark was a good tight end, we just dont know how to use the tight end in the passing game.
number 2. what was the major Tillman blunder in the Steelers and Skins game?? i got all the other games (i assume the minnesota game doesnt count) and they were obvious and costly. but i disagree with trading him. Hes still a little young and hes still learnin. Plus, even if we draft a CB, he wont be any better than Tillman that first year anyway. Give him time.
but i totally agree on the others. Especially number 3. . . i really like Randle El.
January 19, 2006
You read my mind....I just started charlestillmansucks.blogspot.com...
January 20, 2006
Here at DaBearsBlog, you are free to kill us or the Bears as you so wish. You are not free, however, to be an asshole. So if you spew racism or ill-meaning foul language (cursing about football is just fine) or anything of that ilk, your comments ain't gonna last long, jerk.