I am now going to write a list of thoughts I am either having or forcing myself to have about the Chicago Bears.
- I’ve read a ton about the possibility of trading Alex Brown for Rob Sims but it just doesn’t hold water for me. Rob Sims is a middle of the road interior lineman and I’m not ready to sell the heart and soul of our defense for another quarter yard per carry. If you’re going to trade AB, and you should not, you must get something game-altering in return.
- I like that PFT is obsessed with the release of the 2010 schedule because so am I. To fans like myself, the release of the schedule is when I plan my fall and winter. If the Bears get to play the Bills in Toronto, I’ll be organizing a Take Over Toronto thing that everybody need be involved with.
- The problem with the Lovie Smith era in Chicago is he forces fans to expect too much from limited talents like Israel Idonije. Remember the expectations he built for Danieal Manning at safety and Devin Hester at wideout? If they trade Alex Brown, can Izzy handle that pressure?
- If Nathan Vasher is successful in San Diego I’m going to be really pissed off about it. Just saying.
- Quietly Kahlil Bell got inked to a one-year deal. I think the kid’s got pro ability.