Here are my quick thoughts on a wonderful Bears win. I told you this team was terrific. I told radio hosts in multiple markets too.
- I will be telling the whole story of where and how I watched the game tomorrow. It is quite good but it requires a literary flair.
- J’Marcus Webb struggled with John Abraham but that’s to be expected. The Bears need to find ways to slide help his way. Give the kid the chance to succeed.
- Brian Urlacher. Hi. You look terrific.
- You too, Jay.
- But I thought Cutler got lucky on a few tosses into tight spots. The outlet to Forte is going to be there on every play. Take it.
- Julius Peppers is some kind of animal.
- Pay Forte.
- I don’t know who to credit Lovie for more: Matt Toeaina or Henry Melton. Both were excellent today.
- I know he’s not going to Canton but Peanut Tillman might be my favorite Bear of the modern era. Nobody, and I mean nobody, strips the ball like 33.
- I like Adam Podlesh.
- Martz, stop calling end arounds. Especially with Dane Sanzenbacher.
- Does Roy Williams get to call Steven Rosenbloom personally?
- Why is Corey Graham so damn good on specials?
- Am I crazy loving Tyler Clutts?
- Nick Reed might be a player.
- I’m not done with Henry Melton. Hey, Henry! Don’t pull a Tommie! Keep working and keep getting better.
- Cutler’s miss to Kellen Davis on the sure thing TD was unfortunate but don’t disregard the brilliance of the play call.
That’s enough. I’m liquored up. Brilliant win. Brilliant performance.