Here’s five valuable things to read. Read em, don’t, I can’t really worry about it. It’s your life.
- Not Bears-related, but Adam Jahns wrote a very nice piece about Julie Rotblatt-Amrany and Omri Amrany, the massively accomplished artists responsible for the Jordan statue and many others. One of the great developments of Jahns going to The Athletic has been pieces like this. He’s a terrific writer and often the monotony of covering a sport day-to-day doesn’t provide the canvas to display that.
- Is Kevin Toliver vs. Jaylon Johnson the most important training camp battle for the Bears? (You know, outside the quarterback one.) Mark Potash of the Sun-Times breaks it down. My two cents: if this is a true battle, it’s a great thing for the Bears. They need as many professional corners as they can muster.
- Never heard of “Bleacher Nation” or Luis Medina but, what the hell, why not give them both a plug? This piece actually does a solid job breaking down a fundamental issue with Mitch Trubisky: he’s at his worst against the best.
- Apparently a few weeks back there was the idea of a “Covid helmet” floating around the internet. Here’s the NBC Sports piece on the ridiculous looking thing.
- IN ACTUAL BEAR NEWS: “Hungry Black Bear Breaks Into Canadian Home Looking for Boxes of Pizza Left Near the Door.” You’ll want to read the entire story from the good people…at People.