2003 is one of those Bears seasons I barely remember. I watched every game at Josie Woods but most of them were through the haze of a hangover, with this being my first fall in NYC at 21 years old. The team wasn’t even particularly bad. They finished 7-9. But they just created very few memorable moments.
This game, with highlights provided by the great NFL Primetime, provides more of those fun elements that seemed to define the era.
- Big plays from R.W. McQuarters! (A note on Twitter from Reverend Dave about this is what directed me to this game.)
- Edinger making ANOTHER big kick.
- Kordell Stewart showing just enough to make people think he could be the answer at quarterback.
- Marty Booker. Oh, how I miss Marty Booker. (Booker’s game against the Bucs in 2001 is still the best game I’ve seen from a Bears wide receiver.)
- Another Bear who had vacated my memory banks: Stanley Pritchett.