Why Do I Like the Chicago Bears This Week?
I always like the Chicago Bears.
And with the Bears depleted, and the Vikings unable to stop anyone from throwing the ball, this game could potentially be a fun watch. Right? Isn’t entertainment the ceiling now for the remainder of the 2021 season?
Tweet of the Week
The more I get to know about Justin Fields, it’s clear no coach at this point in his career can “ruin him”. He’s not built that way 🐻⬇️
— 💋K 🐻 (@sleepxpert) December 17, 2021
Go See West Side Story
I’ve hesitated to write fully about West Side Story in an effort to avoid hyperbole. But after two viewings, I’m done with that. This is one of the greatest films ever made. What are my six favorite things about the picture, you ask?
- The custodian and the floodlights in Maria, a number that took my breath away on both viewings.
- Gee, Officer Krupke is a song I’ve skipped whenever watching the original film (and sort of tuned out in the theatre). In Spielberg’s masterpiece, it’s the most ingeniously staged number in movie musical history.
- America. If you’ve seen it, you understand.
- Ariana DeBose. Same note.
- Rachel Zegler’s Maria is a gorgeous creation, but she is never better than in a silent sequence in the film’s first act, attempting to present both herself and her bedroom as being slept in.
- Mike Faist. He’s not going to win the Academy Award, but his Riff absolutely deserves
Minnesota fields one of the best offenses in the sport and it’s unlikely this dilapidated Bears defense will keep them under 27 points. So, the question is, can the Bears offense match that output?
This is Justin Fields’ breakout performance as a passer.
Chicago Bears 30, Minnesota Vikings 27