‘Tis the quietest part of the NFL calendar. But we’re a month away from having actual things to write about. Here are some links for your enjoyment.
- From state media: “His leadership has taken a step,” said veteran guard Cody Whitehair. “And that just comes with him being more comfortable from Year 1 to Year 2, [having] a little bit more experience, seeing things a second time or third time or fourth time, and he’s only going to continue to grow.” Amazing how natural leaders can ascend to the role when they’re not forced to watch Andy Dalton take first-team reps.
- From Courtney Cronin: “At the end of the day, whether I’m going into my second year or my first year, I’ve still got to play football, and I still gotta perform,” Montgomery said in April. “I could really care less about contracts, the contract terms and things, but I’m excited to be here for another year and play with my guys too.” How the Bears handle the Montgomery contract will tell us a lot about how Ryan Poles intends to build this roster moving forward.
- One thing I’ve heard out of OTAs – and was shared in this piece by Adam Jahns – is the staff isn’t quite sure what do with Teven Jenkins. Has he been demoted? It is a hard to make that argument, being that I’m not sure this current regime viewed him as a starter at any point. Until they make their determinations on Jenkins, it is difficult to evaluate with this OL will actually look like.
- If you haven’t seen video of several Bears hitting home runs, follow this link and take a look. I think sometimes we take for granted how otherworldly these athletes are.
- ACTUAL BEAR NEWS: What a headline in the NY Post! “Sloth bear mauls couple to death, spends hours feasting on their flesh.” Bears, man. Don’t fuck with em.