We are a few weeks away from football practices starting. Some stadium drama, but not much.
- TRIB: Alice Hoffman believes the city of Chicago should give the Bears full control over upgrading Soldier Field in an effort to keep the club in the city. The last refurbishments were hampered by mayoral oversight and financial limitations. Would this gesture be enough to keep the Bears on the lakefront? Doubtful. Several owners believe NFL franchise values are beginning to plateau and they want the Bears to own their own land, and their own building.
- SUN TIMES: David Roeder believes there is starting to be momentum on the city side, and the reason might be the potential development dollars slated for the areas near the stadium.
- DAILY HERALD: David Shaw writes about the potential breakout star for the Bears in 2023, Gervon Dexter.
- ACTUAL BEAR NEWS: A mother bear and three clubs entered a home. Hear the 911 call.
- THE ATHLETIC: Is it too early to predict the 53-man roster for the coming season? Not for Kevin Fishbain. (Side note: it seems the Bears beat was unaffected by the first round of Athletic layoffs. I would imagine most NFL beats will be just fine short-term.)
- STAY TUNED. Next week, I’ll be making one of the more substantial announcements in DBB history. Exciting things on are on the horizon.