Matt Eberflus continues his final stand this Sunday as he takes on an Atlanta Falcons team that finds itself in a similar position to your Chicago Bears — neither team controls their playoff destiny despite playing in lackluster divisions, both offenses added weapons in the offseason and have subsequently underperformed, but the play of each team’s defense has kept each team alive despite the turmoil on the other side of the ball.
Neither team can make the playoffs with a win this weekend… but both teams will likely be eliminated from contention with a loss. Thus, for both Matt Eberflus & Arthur Smith, this New Years’ Day matchup is do-or-die. That sets the stage for a riveting football game.
Nick and I dove deep into this matchup (and the current state of the Bears) within the latest episode of Bear With Us, including discussion topics like…
- What went well against the Cardinals on offense? How did they score so easily early? What did Arizona do to curb the offense in the 2nd half?
- Who played well on defense last week? Who played poorly?
- Where do the Bears match up well with Atlanta on defense? What weak links in the Falcons’ offense can they exploit?
- How does Chicago’s offense match up with Atlanta’s defense? What kind of day will this be for Chicago?
- Holiday chatter & game score predictions
- And much, much more…
It’s one of our best episodes yet — check it out and let me know what you think!
Your Turn: How do you feel about this weekend?