This game in Motown may be one of Matthew Eberflus’ last chances to show Chicago’s powers-that-be that the Bears are in good hands.
His starting quarterback is back in action, his offensive line is finally healthy, and his defense has been on a tear recently — Detroit may be very good (and an 8.5pt favorite over Chicago), but divisional games aren’t easily won in the NFL. If Matt Eberflus has something up his sleeve, now is the time to show it.
In this episode of Bear With Us, Nick and I dive into…
- The driving forces behind the Bears’ defensive turnaround (& their sustainability)
- A review of Matt Eberflus & Luke Getsy’s coaching performance to this point
- A full unit-by-unit preview of the Bears-Lions game
- Including a great discussion on the value of Chicago’s healthy offensive line
- A look at the Bears’ (and Panthers’) schedule beyond this weekend’s contest
- Various draft-day scenarios (Young QB vs Trade Down/WR) & what Fields can do to change our choices over these next 7 weeks
- And much, much more…
It’s one of our best episodes yet in my opinion — check it out and let me know what you think!
Bonus: Previewing Keon Coleman, a Draft Target to know
With as popular as Marvin Harrison Jr. is becoming, it’s worth remembering that there are a few fabulous receivers within this year’s draft that Marvin is going to make people overlook. Keon Coleman, from what I’ve seen, looks like one of those receivers to know — if the Bears look for wide-out help between picks #5-#11, Coleman could be a target if Chicago wants to add physicality to their room.
Keon Coleman is a stud, I'm stoked to dig further into his tape
He's a 6'4 behemoth that plays bigger than his size and moves fluidly at all levels. His stop-start, his foot frequency, and his physicality stand out
He'd pair nicely with DJ Moore. If MHJ is gone, he's my guy rn pic.twitter.com/DC1Dot0vPh
— Robert Schmitz (@robertkschmitz) November 14, 2023
Your Turn: How do you feel about this weekend?