Four Thoughts on the Actual Football Game
- Detroit is the second-worst run defense in the league, allowing north of 140 yards per game. Hard to imagine David Montgomery not dominating behind a terrific run-blocking offensive line.
- Projection: 24 carries, 147 yards, 2 touchdowns.
- The Lions have the worst collection of offensive talent in the league. And they are only scoring 1/3 of a point less per game than the Bears. (The Lions are outgaining the Bears, which is a particularly sad notion.)
- T.J. Hockenson had a bit of a comeback game against Cleveland, with eight targets and six receptions. It won’t take long in Detroit’s tape study to see what Mark Andrews did to the Bears Sunday, and increasing Hockenson’s role from the first meeting. (4/42)
- Largest stat disparity of the season: Bears have 31 sacks to tie for the league lead. Lions have 15, one clear of the Falcons in the basement.
Rick Pearson’s Jazzed-Up Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions