Why Do I Like the Chicago Bears This Week?
I always like the Chicago Bears…
…and it would be a big moment for this coach and his program to get this season over .500. I think he does it.
The Game Haiku
I saw Rick Pearson
at the Billy Goat Tavern.
That’s all I recall.
Three Thoughts on the Cowboys
- After struggling to contain Kenny Golladay a week ago, the Bears could have faced a similar issue with Amari Cooper. But the Cowboys’ best receiver didn’t finish their game on Thanksgiving and, while an MRI revealed no structural damage, he won’t be at full strength should he play. Guard Connor Williams, a really good young player, is done for the year.
- From head coach Jason Garrett, in a Dallas Morning News story: “Connor has been a good player for us,” Garrett said. “[He] started a lot of games for us last year as a rookie and then came back after his injury, did a good job for us in the playoffs and again has been the established starter at that left guard spot all year long. He’s really grown and developed as a player and done a really good job for us, got bigger and stronger than he was his rookie year, [and] we expected that when we drafted him.”
- The Cowboys were a solid, if unspectacular defense in 2018, as their coordinator Kris Richard became a name mentioned for several head coaching vacancies. Now his security in Dallas is uncertain, as Dallas has allowed 26 points or more in three of their last four games.
- Let’s look at how these two teams compare with the big ticket numbers:
- Both are 6-6.
- The teams the Cowboys beaten are a combined 18-54. (Really, really bad.)
- The teams the Bears have beaten are a combined 20-50-2 (Not so good either.)
- The Cowboys point differential is +74, which tells you they are beating down the bad opponents and losing relatively close affairs (averaging 5.5 point deficit per loss) to better teams.
- The Bears point differential is +4, which tells you they basically play a coin flip every week.
- If the season ended today, the Cowboys would host a game on wildcard weekend.
Tweet of the Week (Another Cowboys Thought)
Read More …