Why Do I Like the Chicago Bears This Week?
I always like the Chicago Bears. And…
The Bears’ offense has been SCARY 👀
Offensive Stats – Last 4 Games
— CBS Sports HQ (@CBSSportsHQ) December 30, 2020
Three Things the Bears Must Do To Win
- Pressure Rodgers. Yes, this seems like an obvious point but it’s even more important with the injuries in the secondary. Rodgers is a master at identifying the weakness in the opposing defense and exploiting it until the score is out of hand. Mike Glennon, with a clean pocket, was able to attack Vildor and Shelley successfully. If Jaylon Johnson doesn’t return, what will Rodgers do to them?
- Trubisky Plays to His Non-Packers Norm. No, Trubisky is not a great quarterback. But he’s also not the AWFUL player he has been against the Packers.
- He completes 63.65% of his passes overall. He’s sub-60% against the Packers.
- His career passer rating is 87.4. It’s 79 – a massive drop – against the Packers.
- He’s been sacked 110 times overall. 21 of those sacks have come against the Packers. (Detroit got him 13 times, Minnesota 8.)
- Pound the Ball.
- Bucs beat the Packers with 158 yards rushing. Colts beat the Packers with 140 yards rushing. Vikings beat the Packers with 173 yards rushing. Jaguars took the Packers to the wire with 109 yards rushing. The Bears have to know, right now, that anything south of 100 yards rushing won’t get it done against Rodgers and the Packers. This has to be a David Montgomery game.