The playoff push may have ended before it started, but with 3 games remaining on Chicago’s schedule backs are truly against the wall now — Matt Eberflus now has three late-game collapses in a 2023 season where, had Chicago taken care of business with all three fourth-quarter leads, he’d have firm control of the NFC’s 6th seed & might be a weekend away from clinching a playoff spot.
It’s hard to imagine the powers that be at Halas Hall aren’t every bit as disappointed as we fans are, leaving three critical weeks for Eberflus to make his final statement — if his team finishes the year with three strong wins, they might just save their coach’s job.
Eberflus’ final stand begins this Sunday as he takes on a hapless Arizona Cardinals team that should be easy prey… but this is the NFL. Nothing’s ever easy, is it?
Nick and I dove deep into this matchup and the state of the Bears within the latest episode of Bear With Us, including discussion topics like…
- What was Luke Getsy doing throughout that game in Cleveland? What could he have done better?
- Who played well on defense last week? What went wrong at the end?
- Where do the Bears match up well with Arizona on defense? What weak links in the Cardinals’ offense can they exploit?
- How does Chicago’s offense match up with Arizona’s ragtag defense? Should this be a big day for Chicago?
- A review of Matt Eberflus’ defense against the Lions, including the driving forces behind Chicago’s success.
- Holiday chatter & fan Q&A
- And much, much more…
It’s one of our best episodes yet — check it out and let me know what you think!
Your Turn: How do you feel about this weekend?