As we inch ever closer towards Sunday’s game, the Chicago Bears stand a pivot point — the results of these next 5 games may very well decide the direction of the biggest Bears offseason in recent memory, and if Head Coach Matt Eberflus wants to be on the safe side of that decision he’ll need to start winning games soon.
Could the Bears spark a win streak off of a divisional home defense? Cole Kmet seems to think so, but with a hungry Detroit team visiting town on a day that’s slated for snowy, cold weather, all we should expect is a knock-down, drag-out fight.
Anything could happen — after all, if Chicago manages to finish the season 9-8 they may very well land an NFC Wild Card spot. But before us fans dare to dream of the playoffs, first Chicago must force these Lions to settle a debt Detroit incurred only a few weeks ago. The Bears had the Lions within their grasp but let them slip away… if they’re to surge this season, they’ll have to start by winning on Sunday.
There’s enough within this game to unpack that Nick & I managed to record our longest Bear With Us episode yet — in this episode, Nick and I dive into…
- How can we work to talk about Justin Fields as rationally as possible? What does he need to show by the end of the year?
- What on earth has happened to the Lions’ defense?
- Where are the Lions winning on offense? Where are they losing?
- How does a healthy Bears team match up with this Detroit squad?
- What does this game mean for every Bear involved
- What have we learned about defense in the NFL from Eberflus’ 2023 season?
- Is the league as down on Luke Getsy as most Bears fans are?
- And much, much more…
I know I say this often, but this really is one of our best episodes yet — check it out and let me know what you think!
Your Turn: How do you feel about this weekend’s contest?