[NOTE: Reader “sactown#1” guessed that Trubisky passer rating on the number, 104.2. Please email me and we’ll coordinate your prize package from Lou Malnati’s.]
Yesterday, on Twitter, was dedicated almost entirely to Mitch Trubisky. So today let’s spread out the commentary beyond the QB, knowing full well he’ll remain the focal point moving forward.
— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) September 13, 2020
This tape should be shown to the defense on loop all week. So many mistakes, it’s hard to know where to start.
- Poor performance generally from the defense but that was to be expected. This was the first live game action for the group and there were many new pieces.
- Both Kyle Fuller and Jaylon Johnson has me great moments but both let interceptions go through their fingertips down near the goal line. Can’t happen. Have to make those plays.
- Danny Trevathan looked awfully slow.
- Akiem Hicks was downright invisible until the fourth quarter.
- Without Robert Quinn active the pass rush was 2019 all over again. Khalil Mack fighting through doubles and triples while nothing happens on the other side. (Mack still won many of those battles.) Bears need Quinn.
- Matthew Stafford played a terrific game. Sometimes you have to acknowledge that. Biggest mistake Lions made was taking the game out of his hands late.
- Saw a lot of positive things from Bilal Nichols.
- Barkevious Mingo was more active than I imagined he would be.